Poll

Where do you want to go on dive trips this year?

FARNES - booked for 23rd and 24th June - dive with the seals
0 (0%)
RED SEA - anybody fancy a small trip, liveaboard or day diving?
3 (23.1%)
MALTA - good trip last year with Peninne Divers
1 (7.7%)
NORTH BERWICK - Do Bass Rock and the Firth of Forth?
3 (23.1%)
SCOTLAND - Oban or Highlands for shore diving long weekend over a bank holiday?
2 (15.4%)
LAKES - Weekend trip to the Lakes, camping, lake diving?
1 (7.7%)
WALES - Anglesey or South Wales, shore diving and camping
0 (0%)
ST ABBS/ EYEMOUTH - Boat or shore diving?
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: March 01, 2012, 07:23:45 PM

Author Topic: 01.12 NEWSLETTER  (Read 3513 times)

Offline kaz

• Global Moderator
01.12 NEWSLETTER
« on: January 31, 2012, 07:15:47 PM »
BUDDY DIVERS NEWSLETTER
www.skiptondivers.co.uk

Thank you to those who came to the last meeting, which was the AGM. Only a few stalwarts turned up, so we had to make some important decisions ourselves.

The committee were voted back into office so they remain the same as last year, Mike F Chairman, Jon Taylor Treasurer, Karen B Secretary, Bev and Stu.

The accounts were passed as being accurate and anybody who wasn’t at the meeting can collect a copy from JT if they wish to peruse them. We are still in the black at least.

It was decided that we will continue with the voucher scheme this year, so you will need to collect you 3 x £5 vouchers from a meeting. Same rules as last year, max 2 vouchers per trip, you cannot exchange for cash, they last 1 year only. Only available to fully paid up members as of 1st Jan 2012, and any new members joining during the year.

The oxygen kit was discussed as we need to amend the set up of it as BOC do not do the oxygen cylinders locally anymore. We voted to get a large cylinder and adaptor that we can use the fills at Divers Warehouse. This will cost the club some cash but as we know the oxygen kit is well worth the cost.

Diving in 2012 – We had some suggestions for where to go and it was decided that booking a full boat is not now viable and we will have to rely on boats that will let you book places.

Farnes  - were discussed we have booked for 23rd and 24th June 2012 (no joy for changing the date to the week before) Book your own accommodation as usual.

Graham has booked a boat from Anglesey on 11th and 12 August, please see the post on the forum for details

Bank holidays in 2012 are 6 and 9th April for Easter, 7th May and then 4th and 5th June for Queen’s Jubilee and 27th August.

Now the weather is warming up  (Ok bit of a cold snap at the moment) we need to arrange the shakedown dive for those that need one. Any dates in mind? Make sure you check your kit after the winter lay off and try any new kit you may have bought.

We also need ideas for more dives and maybe some weekends away shore or lake diving to keep the cost down? Let us know if you where you want to go and try and get some costs if you can. I will put a poll on the forum so you can vote. Top 3 we will book (depending on demand). You get three votes each, let me know if you need more options adding.

Anybody looking for buddies please check the forum regularly for requests. Mick Diver 2292 and Simon M are still diving through the winter and looking for buddies. Don’t forget to post some of your pictures or short video clips onto the media page on the forum. Please add any photos from your trips and a few details of what you got up to.

We did do the awards for 2011 at the AGM and those who were there collected their very fine certificates. Details are listed below and if you have won an award please come and collect it at the meeting, or let me know and I will post to you.

Jonathan Aether – Best locator of the dive we never did
Andrew L – Best slow motion fall from a dive boat
Dan – Best man to know in case of an accident
Graham – Best UK photos with the biggest camera lens
Joan – Best DVD supper and suit disintegration
JT – Best Motorhomer, Boozer and DVD maker
Malc and Karen A – Best BBQ and oddest drink of the year
Mike F – Best Volunteer – Sue Ryder Swim
Mick W – Most enthusiastic dive organiser
Nick R – Best Volunteer and split personality
Simon H – Best Fund Raiser
Simon M – Best aerial display and full recovery
Stu W – Best excuse for not coming to a meeting

SEE YOU AT THE NEXT MEETING ON THURSDAY 2ND  FEBRUARY, PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ATTEND

Offline nick

• Global Moderator
  • skipton divers - not just another dive club
Re: 01.12 NEWSLETTER
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 02:05:36 PM »
Thanks kaz for yet another award.
I presume you mean I am the best at "volunteering others" !!

Split personality  :-\ - you would too if you spent as much time in this place as I do  ;D

N
An American tourist asks:
 "Why do Scuba divers always fall backwards off their boats?"

To which the diver replies:
 "If we fell forwards we'd still be in the fuckin’ boat."

Offline stu w

• if its wet we're in it
Re: 01.12 NEWSLETTER
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
sorry cant make the meeting this month as got a meeeting

Offline jtdivingdude

• Global Moderator